Tuesday, February 12, 2019

[Top Ten Tuesday] My Favorite Literary Couples




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish but is currently being run by That Artsy Reader Girl. A prompt is given each week, and I hope to do it every week so I always have something going up on Tuesdays. This week I am talking about ten literary couples I love the most. Some are newer ones I've discovered and others are longtime favorites.

Let's jump into my favorite literary couple choices!



Ron & Hermione 
Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling 

I love these two so much. I know there is a lot of debate about if they should be together or not but I think they're a really sweet couple. They are both incredibly flawed characters but they also bring out the best in each other. When I was younger I really related to Hermione and she meant a lot of me (still does) and now as I've grown up I've also found myself a lot in Ron so I am super protective over both of them because I see so much of myself in them. 


Odessa and Meredy
Song of the Dead by Sarah Glenn Marsh 

These two are my favorite f/f book relationship. I love them so much. They are both going through some pretty awful heartbreak and grief and they connect because of it in the most heart wrenching but beautiful way. They're snarky to each other, playful, and super sweet. Song of the Dead is the sequel to Reign of the Fallen, but it's more heavily focused on their romance so I am using Song of the Dead instead, but both books in the duology are perfect. Review linked here.


Michael & Stella 
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang 

I recently read this and I really loved these two as a couple!! I found them both to be really endearing and charming. Michael is so gentle to Stella and Stella is so cute. She hires him (he's a prostitute) to teach her about romance and sex  and I love how eager she is to learn. I also love all the scenes of Stella with Michael's family. Review linked here.


Aristotle & Dante
Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz

Ari and Dante are such a sweet couple. I first read this book in 2016 and it still is one of my favorite books ever. They are so pure. Aristotle is going through so much family stuff in this book and Dante is discovering his sexuality and they come together so perfectly. Review linked here.


Molly & Reid 
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli 

Molly was one of the first fat main characters I've read and felt like I could relate to. High school me would have DIED while reading Upside for the first time. If I could send any book through time to gift to my younger self, this (or  Puddin' by Julie Murphy) would be the one (thereby killing my younger self like in the movie Looper). Her and Reid are SO CUTE and Reid reminds me of my fiancĂ© so I am in love with him as well. Review linked here.


Tana & Gavriel 
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black 

I am not sure if it's because I listened to this on the audiobook so I felt closer to Tana and Gavriel because it as being acted out to me but I LOVED these two. I really loved this book and their relationship definitely is one of the reasons why I loved it as much as I did.  Review linked here.


June & Day 
Legend series by Marie Lu 

This is one of the most underrated trilogies in the young adult community. It's so well written and the trilogy gets better and better as the books progressed. This just makes me want to re-read it soon. These two are such a good couple! Their relationship forms so naturally and I think it's really well done. 


Bo & Willowdean 
Dumplin' by Julie Murphy 

These two are SO CUTE!! I am so happy that this book got the movie it deserved (I hope they make Puddin' next!) because their relationship is so sweet. Bo is one of my favorite male love interests and I think there needs to be more Bo characters in YA books. Review linked here.


Ethan and Lena
 Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl 
 
I love this series so much. I think you either love it or hate it but I really loved these books. I bought them each as they came out and waiting for the last book after the cliffhanger of book three KILLED me. I love Lena and Ethan together. I also really loved the actors who played them in the movie, I thought they were perfect. The movie wasn't a perfect adaptation but the casting was really well done. Ethan is a sweet bookish quite southern kid who falls quickly for Lena, a caster (witch) who is from a family ostracized by the community.Their romance is super sweet and I love the witchy themes. 


Karou & Akiva 
Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor 

This is such a romantic story while also being an epic fantasy story. I think it's a great balance of both. I think Karou is one of the most badass main characters and her love for Akiva (and his for her) is so sweet. This is another series I need to re-read because it's been far too long!! 


Thanks for reading! 
What are some of your favorite book couples?!



14 comments:

  1. The only one amongst these I can have an opinion on (as I've read the books) is Ron and Hermione and honestly? I wasn't feeling them as a couple. I enjoyed them in the books and I'm not one of those psycho militants who just can't accept it but I'm convinced she would have been better with Harry... Then again, I love them as friends, so maybe I don't know what I think on that topic! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron and Hermione were on my list this week as well. Yay!

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list! Initially, I wasn't sure how I felt about Ron and Hermione, but I've come to accept them as a couple. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read The Kiss Quotient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day and June are up there among my top 3 couples. Maybe #1. A dream I had about them last April (with about 1000 steps between then and today) ended up causing me to write the book I'm currently editing. I love them that much, LOL. I'm so looking forward to reading Rebel this fall, because there is so little good fanfiction written about them and I want more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! I need to re-read the trilogy it's been so long. They're such a good couple and the books are so good.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!! I hope you had a good one <3

      Delete