Friday, November 16, 2018

[Book Blogger Hop] November 16th-22nd: Note Taking While Reading



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

Do you take notes about the book you are reading as you read?  (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

Answer: 

I do! I use an app, Bookly, that has a lot of cool features where you can take notes, quotes, time your reading, listen to soothing sounds while reading, etc. I bought the app over a year ago, so once the makers of the app started charging users a monthly subscription rate I was kind of grandfathered in and I don't have to pay (besides the $5 I paid for the app). I use it for every single book I read and I really enjoy it. I take notes, photos, and jot down quotes I love from the books I am reading. It helps me when I am writing my book reviews.

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you don't have to pay a monthly user fee when lots of others do. Hope you have a great weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! It was lucky, I don't know if I would be able to afford a subscription and I would have been pretty bummed to not be able to use it anymore!! Have an amazing week Katie!

      Delete
  2. That app sounds awesome!! Is that the one with the blue background that you share screenshots of every now and again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't take notes, but Bookly sounds like a fun app.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds AWESOME, and because it's an app you never have to worry about misplacing your notes. This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SUCH A NICE APP! If you have the money to subscribe I think it's worth it. I would probably try to swing it if I wasn't lucky enough to be grandfathered into being able to have the app without the subscription.

      Delete