Friday, July 13, 2018

[Book Blogger Hop] July 13th-19th: Cluttered Blogs: Yay or Nay?



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

Does a cluttered blog have you not returning? But cluttered I mean too mnay colums, small type, too many photos, difficult to follow, etc.  (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

Answer: 

Absolutely. I typically make exceptions for bloggers I really love and respect but if it is a new blogger I've just discovered there's a high probability I will not return. All the sparkly graphics and busy stuff going on most of the time distracts me from being able to properly read the blog post I've clicked on. To each their own when it comes to decorating your blog but I prefer a more simple design that shows who you are as a person/blogger without taking away from the blogs you post.

Thanks for reading!


10 comments:

  1. I like simple too and print that isn’t too small. LOL!!

    Thanks for sharing, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! That totally makes sense. If font is too small for me I just zoom into the website, but even that can get annoying after a while!

      Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. Heather very true. I like simple layouts as well. I am planning to move to WP soon and choose a more minimalistic design, think I've outgrown mine 🙄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same, Heather. If a blog is too busy then there’s little chance I’ll come back. My BBH - http://poemsbyayoungartist.blogspot.com/2018/07/bookbloggerhop-july-13-19-clean-blog-is.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so behind on my comments so I am sorry for the late reply I will check out yours now! I agree that busy blogs are harder to navigate and I sometimes just end up giving up!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah! It's just so much easier to focus on the content of the blog!

      Delete