Sunday, June 24, 2018

Pride Flag Book Tag



Unfortunately, there is only one week left of Pride Month but I recently saw that this book was created earlier this month by YouTuber Common Spence and I really wanted to answer the questions for myself! Their answers are great so I definitely recommend checking his original video! If you end up doing the tag (either by video or on your blog!) please tell me in the comments and don't forget to tag the original creator!

Let's jump into the questions! I will of course link all the books reviews available as I talk about them!

Red (Life) - A book with a spirited protagonist totally proud of who they are. Someone who gives you LIFE!  

Charlie from Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde. She was so unapologetically queer and she didn't care who knew or what anyone thought of it. Which I found fresh. I definitely would love to read more queer stories with such an openly queer character.

Orange (Healing) - A book that made you, as the reader, find a deeper meaning or catharsis in your own life.

Ramona Blue. Ramona is learning about her sexuality and how it's more fluid than she originally ever thought. While Ramona was processing her sexuality, I was doing the same and I definitely think it helped me a lot. 

Yellow (Sunshine) - A book that fills you with so much joy it could brighten even your darkest day. 

The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli. I LOVE the main character, Molly Peskin-Suso. Becky Albertalli's books in general are literal sunshine, just like she is, but this one is my favorite of the three books.

Green (Nature) - A book that is set out of this world - a reality different to our own. 

Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh. I highly recommend this book!! I cannot tell you how desperate I am for the second  book in this series.

Blue (Peace) - A book where one of the characters finds peace with a difficult truth. 

Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin! This book is about a teenage intersex boy who is raped by someone close to him. The aftermath of his sexual assault forces him to think more about his intersexuality and gender identity. This book is so incredibly heartbreaking and important. Obviously, trigger warnings for rape but I recommend reading it.

Purple (Spirit) - A book that deals with LGBTQ+ themes and religion. 

I actually am realizing I haven't read a lot of queer stories that also has religion themes. The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth is the only one I can think of, and I think it's definitely one I recommend.


Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment