Friday, May 11, 2018

[Book Blogger Hop] May 11-17th: Picking A Favorite Book



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

Could you ever pick a favorite book or is it like choosing your favorite child? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

Answer: 

For me, it's not so much choosing my favorite child as it is that my favorite book changes all the time. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was my very first favorite, then each Harry Potter, The Fault in Our Stars, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, Turtles All the Way Down, Children of Blood and Bone, etc. It just changes all the time. Currently, it's Reign of the Fallen but it could easily change if I pick up another book and love it more or it resonates with me in a different way that is more prevalent to my current life experiences. I think that's the greatest things about books. If I HAD TO pick one, I think it would be Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Wonderland was my first fictional home where I would escape as a kid.

Thanks for reading!


13 comments:

  1. My favorites change, too. Or I add to the favorite list. I can't pick just one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! My favorites list gets longer and longer haha.

      Delete
  2. I am the same way. I typically borrow from my local library and then if it's a absolute favorite of mine I will buy it for my collection! I will check out your BBH now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather I think my childhood was Pollyanna and The Little Princess, I still remember the Scholastic Apple icon...I think it was Scholastic.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh The Little Princess is an amazing book. I loved that book when I was younger. And the movie! Great choices. :)

      Delete
  4. That is a good point about the favorite changing all the time. :)

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I absolutely had to pick just 1? To Kill a Mockingbird. But only if forced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a great answer! I read it for the first time in 2016 and loved it. :D

      Delete
  6. Great answer and I completely agree! I don't like deeming a book as my 'favourite' because I always feel like there's going to be another book that I'm going to read that I'm going to like more. That or the fact that my 'favourite' book will change depending on my mood, situation, etc. It's too difficult to just narrow it down to one for me.

    Feel free to check out my Book Blogger Hop answer if you wish! :)

    - Charlotte (InkBlottings)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That totally makes sense. I agree! It changes so often for me. Like my default is always Alice, but I go through "OH MY GOD THIS BOOK IS MY FAVORITE" phases so often that who knows by the time I am asked the question again hahaha. I will definitely check out your answer now! Thank you for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  7. I have a favourite one as a child, but as an adult there are many I really like, but not one is a stand-out favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Same here. It's hard to pick a favorite when you read so many books and so many are so good!

      Delete