Friday, March 23, 2018

[Book Blogger Hop] March 23-29th: Discussing Books With Friends



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

When meeting with friends, do your discussions usually turn to books? (Submitted by Marie @ A Night's Dream of Books)

Answer: 

Depends on the friends! Most of my friends and family who aren't big into reading but know I am a huge book lover, so they will ask me "How's the blog thing going?" and that's always super sweet. But besides my fiancé and best friend (who lives a state away!), I don't have anyone else I know IRL to talk books about. But that's what makes online friends so great! Although I'd always love more friends to talk books about.

Thanks for reading! 


7 comments:

  1. I am the same way with my few friends and family members who are book lovers like me, and I totally agree with you about the online book friends. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post and here is my link to my blog hop answer.

    http://katisbookaholicramblingreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/book-blogger-hop-69.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Of course! Thanks for stopping by! I'll check out your post now :D

      Delete
  2. Sometimes friends and family ask me what book I'm reading because they know about the blog, and they always ask about the blog, which absolutely gives me the warm fuzzies. I totally agree that being part of this community of bibliophiles really makes up for not being able to talk about books IRL! :-)

    Katisha @ Reel Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Same! My friends and family (who do not read or at least don't read the same kind of stuff I do) will ask questions and be sweet enough to listen to me ramble but it's nice to have online friends also :D

      Delete
  3. Most of my friends know I write as a hobby, and some even share our content with each other. We talk about the popular books, like Harry Potter, hardly about Twilight, love triangles, and other general book ideas. But since we hardly see each other regularly, we mostly catch up with our daily lives. We're all book fans and book lovers, but we hardly find opportunities to talk books unless it's something we've all read. My BBH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool!! I have a few friends I will discuss books through social media but none of them live close enough to me for me to see them more often. I'll check out your BBH now :)

      Delete