Friday, February 2, 2018

[Book Blogger Hop] February 2-8th: Blogging Different Genres of Books



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

Do you prefer to blog about (a) specific book genre(s), or do you have an eclectic blog? (submited by Maria @ A Night's Dream of Books)

Answer: 

I think I definitely talk more about young adult books than other books, but I try not to talk too much about one specific genre. In 2017 I read a lot of  YA contemporary because I wanted to read more diverse books and unfortunately diversity is rare in sci-fi or fantasy (but I think that's changing!!). This year I plan on reading as much fantasy as I can while trying to get into the sci-fi genre a little more. But I also I have plans on reading a bunch of different genres. Besides YA I also read adult fiction, literary fiction, and horror. So I'd like to think I am not focused on one specific genre.

Thanks for reading!

17 comments:

  1. I don't think I am either though of course my reading preferences show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I think it's important to be honest so your readers know the kind of reader you are and the books you're into! :D

      Delete
  2. I focus on THREE genres and do not change to anything else.

    Thanks for sharing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! That's pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing with me too Elizabeth! Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  3. Nice! I like to think I read a lot of different books, but really, I don't! Lol!! I'd argue my paranormals are all vastly different from vampires to werewolves to witches and demons and so much more! And the rules for each of these types of characters are never the same either! So there's a lot of different kinds to read! Lol!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! Hey read what you like!! :D That's what makes passionate reviews! :)

      Of course! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. It's always a good idea to read books that appeal to you, even if that is in just a couple genres. I also think YA probably does do the best job of including diversity in general (or at least that's been my perception lately). I wonder why sci-fi specifically isn't more diverse though. You're already often dealing with alien civilizations, you can't add a few different standard human skin-tones in the mix?

    Have a great weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I completely agree. with Sci-Fi and Fantasy they are not as diverse as they should be. I am happy that seems to be changing!

      Thank you! I hope you are having a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Can't really go wrong with writing about what you read and when reading preferences change, so does the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read and blog about genres that I enjoy reading and talking about. That is great that you enjoy so many different types of books. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! That is so important, reading and discussing books that make you passionate. It makes a better blog.

      Delete
  7. Hi Heather, it's nice to meet you. I like that you review YA, as that's a lot of what I do, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to meet you as well! Thanks for stopping by! And yay for YA! :D

      Delete
  8. Yup! I'm with you! I have tried to focus ONLY on YA, but have found it impossible. There are SO many other books I want to read, as well! Fortunately, the YA genre encompasses several other genres I love, such as paranormal romance, fantasy, science fiction, and urban fantasy. But I still want to feature adult books, as well. So now I'm happily (and permanently!) eclectic. Lol. I will still feature YA, but it won't be the one and only genre I blog about!

    Thanks for sharing! Thanks as well for visiting and commenting on my BBH post!! Happy Sunday!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read different genres depending on my mood. I'll go through periods of YA or fantasy or chick lit and the blog reflects that. I kept EFC eclectic so I could read, review, and feature whatever I wanted.

    ReplyDelete