Tuesday, November 28, 2017

[Book Review] Oliver the Schnoodle by Marta elena Vassilakis


If you are a dog lover or if you have kids, this book is definitely something that'll put a smile on your faces. OLIVER the Schnoodle is a 32 page 8.5 x 11 Hardcover Children's Book featuring a real dog. This first book is an " I like to.. " book featuring Oliver enjoying all of his favorite activities that make his life fun, full and wonderful!!

**Full Disclosure I was sent a free copy of this book in exchange for a review. This does not and would not ever change my opinions and thoughts.**

3 STARS 

Being a huge dog lover, I jumped at the chance to be able to read and review this adorable children's book. I have a poodle of my own, and schnoodles are one of my favorite breeds so I was really excited to read this!

I thought it was a really cute book. It's a dozen or so photos of the dog, Oliver, and things he loves to do. The photos are really crisp and the colors are nice, so I appreciated them on their own. Although, I would have like a little more of a story. Each page has a sentence or two and that's it. I would have preferred it being either a photography book about this dog, or a story, but instead we got this compromise of both that I wasn't the biggest fan of. I know I am obviously not the typical demographic for a children's book, but I think if there was more of a story versus a list of the things Oliver likes, I would have loved it more.

However, I do think kids would love this. The photos are super gorgeous, the dogs absolutely adorable, and it's a quick read, which is perfect for a bedtime story. I definitely think if you have younger kids or have kids in your family who love dogs I recommend buying it as a Christmas gift because they'll love it. I am definitely thinking of adding it to my Christmas list for my niece, who I think would love this book.

Thanks for reading! 


1 comment: