Friday, October 13, 2017

[Book Blogger Hop] October 13-19th

Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:
Who is your favorite horror/suspense author and why?

Answer: 

I typically do not read a lot of horror/suspense. Not for any reason other than I haven't found many I love and sometimes that can rub the genre the wrong way for me. I have books I love in contemporary, fantasy, dystopian, etc, but when it comes to horror/suspense the books I have read have been 3-3.5 stars for the most part.

However, the author I think has blown me away more than once is Joe Hill. I think his books Horns and NOS4A2 are so good! I am hoping to read Heart Shaped Box sometime this Autumn. Of course, his dad Stephen King isn't so bad himself at the horror. I think I prefer Joe a bit more though.

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read Joe Hill, yet, but he is on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe Hill is a new name for me, but I'm not a big horror reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither am I. I am from Maine so Stephen King is a well known name for us (and everyone around the world really) but his son, Joe Hill, is less known!

      Delete