Saturday, July 1, 2017

June Wrap-Up


This is where I talk about how the month went for me when it came to reading and some events that maybe sparked me to read more (or stopped me from reading as much as I wanted to). I also link all the reviews I did in the month, talk about any books I DNFed, and I discuss my plans for the following month!

Honestly for me, this month was amazing when it came to reading. I was constantly borrowing books from the library, reading them, and sending them back in a just a couple days. I feel like I was just banging out book reviews. I read nine books this month, and DNFed one. I am so happy that my motivation for reading is finally picking up. I think it's just because for the most part I am picking up really great books, which is giving me a reason not only to keep reading but to keep borrowing from the library so I can read more and more books. Out of the nine books, I only really disliked two, but I liked them enough to read them all the way through. I am really happy with the outcome this month.

Book Reviews
Every Night, Josephine by Jacqueline Susann
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
Funny Girl by Betsy Bird
Perfect Imperfections by Taryn Leigh
House of Furies by Madeleine Roux
Fortress of Blood by L.D. Goffigan
Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh
Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
Radio Silence by Alice Oseman 

DNF Books
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

I have tried reading this book four times, each time I get about 60% through the book before I get bored, pick up something else, and forget I even started this book. I really enjoy the story in the Mortal Instruments books, and so I plan on doing something that I know will be considered blasphemy in the reading community. But I plan to look up what happens in the trilogy and move on to City of Fallen Angels. I just cannot bring myself to care about the Infernal Devices story or characters.

July Plans
I have a stack of books I want to read from the library in July, but other than that I don't know if I have much else of a plan. I want to make sure I am reading and writing for this blog daily, to keep up my motivation for both. The next book I plan to pick up is Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde which I am really excited about and I have a hold on Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee. There is someone ahead of me, so hopefully I'll get it before the month is up. Other than that I plan on doing what I normally do, which is pick up what sounds interesting to me in that moment.

Thanks for reading! 

What is your favorite book you read this month? 

4 comments:

  1. Yay for an amazing reading month! That's awesome! I'm gonna go check out your When Dimple Met Rishi review now...

    Hope you have a lovely July, Heather :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wrap-up! Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia was one of my favorite reads in June! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes! It was so much fun! I can't wait to do more discussions with you!

      Delete