Sunday, June 25, 2017

[Book Tag] Book Blogger Confessions Tag


This book tag is an older one, so I cannot seem to find the creator so if you know the creator please tell me and I'll happily give credit where it is due! If you end up doing the tag tell me and I'll check out your blog post.
Which book, most recently, did you not finish?

Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza. I just couldn't get into it! Which is such a bummer because it had gotten a hyped up! Plus the cover is gorgeous.

Which book is your guilty pleasure?

The Selection trilogy by Kiera Cass. I completely understand the criticism that comes with this series. The world building is barely there and the characters are a bit predicable and a bit two dimensional. However, something I know about myself is I love shows like the Bachelor/Bachelorette and this is basically the Bachelor, set in a fictional world where it's technically dystopian (but only barely dystopian). I still read the series completely hooked, at least the first three. The spin off duology wasn't as great. 

Which book do you hate?

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. I found the humor to be crude and not funny, the characters were not ones I was rooting for (even the dying girl! How hard is it to make readers feel for the character that is dying of cancer?), and it felt like nothing happened. If you're going to give me a character based story versus an action based story you need to make me want the characters to succeed, and I really didn't.

Which book would you throw into the sea?

Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson. This book is written really badly, but the premise and idea sounded really interesting so I powered through. It's about a guy who goes to Pakistan and helps women by building schools and helping them get an education. After reading the book I found out that there is a lot of controversy because it's been proven a lot of it was a lie. So, I was really unhappy after hearing that and it made me mad I even pushed through the awful writing. 

Which book have you read the most?

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I loved this book as a kid. If I wasn't re-reading a Harry Potter book I was re-reading this book. I loved Alice and the crazy beings she met in Wonderland. It's what also got me into loving tea. My mom would make me sweet creamy tea and I'd drink it while reading Alice's story. 

Which book would you hate to receive as a present?

Besides books I already own I'd have to say self-help books. I think buying self-help books is a personal thing and unless you're close enough to the person to know for sure they wouldn't be offended by the gift it's best to recommend it to them instead. Granted, I don't read self-help books much so maybe it's just me who thinks that it can come off as rude.

Which book can you not live without?

The Harry Potter series is an obvious one. I have been so attached to these characters and the story for so long that my heart would break if I couldn't go back to Hogwarts. It's my ultimate comfort read.

Which book made you the angriest?

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I hated this book, and I find myself going on rants about it to this day if it's brought up. I am not sure when I'll get over it, but it hasn't happened yet.It's just a trash story with so many plot holes that are inconsistent with what we know from the original seven books.

Which book made you cry the most?

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz. This book had me crying out of fear, love, happiness, sadness. It's such a roller coaster of a read that every time I read it or listen to the audiobook I find myself a complete mess. 

Which book cover do you hate the most?

I am still feeling a bit bitter about the Across the Universe by Beth Revis book cover changes. They had these beautiful sci-fi covers that I absolutely loved and they changed the covers before the last book came out and now my copies do not match on my shelves so it drives me a little nuts.The new covers aren't even that bad, but they're not as pretty as the originals and I wish they had waited until the last one was published before changing them.

Thank you for reading!

Which book made you cry the most? If you do this tag please tell me so I can check it out and happy reading!

2 comments: