Wednesday, May 17, 2017

[Top 5 Wednesday] Summer Reads



It's time for this week's Top Five Wednesday! This has been created by gingerreadslainey and it also has a Goodreads group. I am hoping to do these posts (or other weekly Wednesday posts) more often as long as I am interested in the current prompt! This week's prompt we are talking about five books that make great summer reads.

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
I love a good fantasy novel in the summer, and I think the Kingkiller Chronicles is perfect. It's got action, character development, magic, a rich world, beautiful writing, and a story that invites you right in and makes it so you cannot put down the book.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
This book is set in the summer for a good part of the story, and it just reminds me of summer. I think it's the atmosphere and friendship that forms between Ari and Dante. It's very warm and between the main characters meeting at a pool and being on summer vacation it definitely reminds me of summertime. It's a fast, heartwarming read about two teenage boys, their families, and them coming of age while dealing with their identities and sexualities.

Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
I think autobiographies are great for the summer, and Anna Kendrick's autobiography is one of my favorites. She is funny, talented, and a really great story teller. I think autobiographies are great reads for the summer.

You by Caroline Kepnes
Another great read in the summer is a good thriller, and this is one is so creepy because it is in the point of view of a stalker. If you want something gripping, I would recommend You by Caroline Kepnes. 

Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling 
This is the best read for any time of the year, summer included. If you need a action packed story that will grab your attention that you can binge, I recommend this series. It's also a great time to re-read the series if you have the time if you don't have as much school or work.

Thanks for reading! 

What are some of your favorite summer reads? 

4 comments:

  1. Name of the Wind sounds awesome! I've heard amazing things about it, it sounds like a complex fantasy I'd love to read.

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I highly recommend it. I will be re-reading it soon and I am so excited. It's such a great summer read. The writing is so inviting and it makes you just melt into the world. I was worried picking it up for the first time, because how massive it was and that it was high fantasy (which I was giving a try for the first time that year) and I was so relieved how much I loved it.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait to get to The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss once we finally have some nice weather so I can read it outside! *fingers crossed that comes soon!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss! I am so excited! I wish I had a place to read outside. It's totally a read outside in the sun and in the breeze type of book!

      Delete