Wednesday, April 5, 2017

[Top 5 Wednesday] Science Fiction & Fantasy TBR




It's time for this week's Top Five Wednesday! This has been created by gingerreadslainey and it also has a Goodreads group. I am hoping to do these posts (or other weekly Wednesday posts) more often as long as I am interested in the current prompt! This week's prompt I am talking about the five books on my TBR that are either science fiction or fantasy.

Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
I have this book sitting on my shelf waiting for me to pick it up and read it. Like I said in my Top Ten Tuesday post not too far back, Books On My Spring TBR, I plan on reading it this spring. I haven't read a lot of Gaiman, but from what I have read I have loved, so I am excited to read more of his books. Other than knowing that it's about Norse Mythology I don't have any information of what it is about, which is how I try going into a lot of the books I read.

Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
I would be lying if I didn't mention that I recently requested this book from the library because of its beautiful cover. Once again, I don't know too much about the story itself other than it's a fantasy story about a princess who wants revenge on the ones who are responsible for her family's deaths. It sounds badass to me and I am excited to read it soon. 

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
This is such a well loved science fiction story and I am so excited to have it on my shelves waiting for me to pick it up. I am a little nervous about this one for a couple reasons, one being that it's one of my best friend's favorite books and I want to like it so we can fangirl out together, and the other reason being it's science fiction which is a genre I don't always mesh well with. It's short enough and seems like it'll be a fast read so hopefully I can get into it.

The Moon Platoon by Jeramey Kraatz
This book actually comes out May 2 of this year. The author sent me an ARC and I am really excited to read it. Like Hitchhiker's it's a science fiction novel set in space. So it'll be my second shot at reading a science fiction book this Spring. I am really excited because it sounds like it's going to be really funny. So look out for a review on it sometime around the release! 

The Court of Wings and Fury by Sarah J Maas  
The final book (I believe?) in the Court of Thorns and Roses  series by Sarah J Maas. After reading A Court of Mist and Fury I realized that out of both of her series, this one I enjoyed the most. I also realized that it was going to be a long and torturous wait for ACOWAF after the cliffhanger ACOMAF had. This is another book coming out in May so I am excited to get my hands on it.

Thanks for reading! 

What are some of your sci-fi and fantasy TBR reads?

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you to check out Hitchhiker's Guide! :) Let me know when you pick that one up.

    ReplyDelete