Saturday, March 25, 2017

[Book Blogger Hop] March 24th-30th


Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.

Question:
How do you handle negative comments on your blog?

My response:
I am lucky so far that I have not had any negative comments on my blog so far. However, if and when that happens my plan to handle the problem is simple. If the comment is negative but not rude then I will respond to the comment. If I think the comment makes points, or the person commenting misunderstood something I said then I will open up a conversation with them or clarify what I meant. I am a flawed human being so I am sure one day I will either say something that comes off wrong, or I will make mistakes. I am not going to shy away from that. I also want to be able to have conversations with people, even if those people disagree with my opinions. As long as they're being respectful.


However, if the comment is rude or an obvious attempt for someone to stand on their soap box on my page I will immediately delete it and then keep an eye on their name for future awful comments. Just because I have decided to start this blog and voice my opinions to the public does not mean I owe anyone anything. I want to have discussions and learn the perspectives from different types of readers. That's the only way I will become a better reader and a better person in general. But I don't want any negativity or rants in my comments. I created Heather's Reading Hideaway so I could make honest connections and have discussions about books and writing. So as long as everyone is being respectful, I'm good.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I hope this is still the case! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I'm lucky that so far I haven't gotten any negative reviews! Even with my sometimes unpopular opinions!

      Delete