Friday, January 13, 2017

Weekend Reads (1.13.17)

 

It's the weekend! Weekends are the absolute best time to get some much needed reading in that you neglected to read because of your busy schedule. Sometimes even the weekends are too stressful to even think about reading so I hope that you get a little time during this long weekend to snag an hour or two of book time. 



This weekend I plan on cruising threw Anna Kendrick's autobiography Scrappy Little Nobody which I am currently loving! I started it last night and I was out loud laughing more during this book than I have in a long while. I got her book on a whim but it has already proven to be a good choice and I cannot wait to review it for you guys! 

After Kendrick's book I plan on budding reading  The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas because from the synopsis we both thought it sounded really interesting. I am trying to stay away from too many details because I enjoy reading books with little knowledge of the concept so I am pleasantly surprised. However, from what I do remember The Darkest Corners is a psychological thriller about the main character's dark past where her and a childhood friend were caught up in lies that ended up in a trial and them loosing touch. I am really excited to know what happens in this story. Psychological thrillers are so much fun to read because not only am I a big baby about anything scary but I love the mystery and unknown in books. 

Well, that's my mini check in with what I am currently reading! I am hoping to be done with both of these books soon because they're library books and then my reading buddy and I are tackling The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. I doubt we are getting to it this weekend, it'll probably be sometime throughout the week but anything's possible. Granted, I plan on binge watching the Netflix Original show for A Series of Unfortunate Events coming out today, but hey like I said, anything's possible. 

Thank you for reading! 

What are you currently reading? Do you have a ambitious TBR for the long weekend? I hope you're able to get some reading scheduled into any busy schedules you may have. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment