Friday, January 6, 2017

TBR Book Tag

 


How do you keep track of your TBR pile?

Taking care of my TBR pile is a little bit of a mess and scattered in different places. I have so many TBR lists that probably have different books on each list. I want to read all the books. However, when it comes to my monthly TBR's I am slightly more organized.


Mostly, I have my new reading journal, which I haven't done too much in since it's still the first week of January. Here is a small example of how I set up my TBR in my journal. Also, look at how much I think I am going to read this month, wish me luck because 10 books in one month used to be my normal, but I am just getting out of a slump! Phew.



I also use my notepad app. Most of the time I will write something in my notepad app and then once I can get to my journal I will copy it into my journal.

Is your TBR mostly print or ebook? What book has been on your TBR the longest?

This changes monthly. Right now, from the list I put above it is mostly physical copies. However, for my reading goals as a whole for this year it's mostly e-books. 

What book did you most recently add to your TBR?

I just added Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick. I got it today when my boyfriend saw it at our local library and knew I wanted to read it. I love Anna Kendrick so much so I am so excited to learn more about her life. I know she's from Maine (as am I) so it's always fun to learn about a successful person from your home state. 

What book did you add to your TBR strictly because of the cover?

I haven't done this in a while, however I recently put Passenger by Alexandra Bracken on my kindle because I saw that it had a cheap deal and the cover caught my eye. I don't even know much about the plot so hopefully I am into it. 

What book on your TBR do you never plan on actually reading?

I am hoping to read the entire list I posted above. My Goodreads TBR is a complete mess. It's books that sound interesting, but I only own less than half. My notepad app and the list in my journal are my realistic TBRs that I plan on reading ASAP.


What unpublished book do you have on your TBR that you are excited about?

I am most excited about the two books:

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

I am excited to see how the ACOTAR series ends, and I have heard so many great things about The Hate U Give that I just need to get my hands on it. Plus I love the cover. 


What book on your TBR has seemingly everyone read except for you?

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is a book everyone has not only loved, but there's even been a movie! I have watched the movie, and I really loved it. The book has been sitting on my shelf for years now and I still haven't picked it up.

What book on your TBR has everyone recommended to you? 

I have a few bookish friends so most of the time I am not recommended books, however one I was recently recommended is The Princess Saves Herself in this One by Amanda Lovelace 

What book on your TBR are you dying to read? 

 I am really excited to read the Falling Kingdom series by Morgan Rhodes. I own the first three books, I have read the first one twice, and then I didn't continue which had nothing to do with the series and everything to do with me just not continuing it. I don't even have a real reason since I really enjoyed the first book. Now that both my reading buddy and I have the first book I will be reading it again with her to refresh myself and then I am going to continue with the series! Maybe even catch up!


How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?

I have 370 books on my TBR shelf on Goodreads and that is after I have cleaned it up. Like I said early, I also probably don't own half of the books on my shelf. I just have so much book envy. I am hoping to go through it this year and actually knock books off my TBR.

Thank you for reading! 

Do you have any books on your TBR lists you're excited for? Or maybe a book you bought because of its gorgeous cover? Please tell me!

2 comments:

  1. Great responses! This will always be one of my favorite book tags. Everyone's answers are so interesting!

    ReplyDelete